Sunday, November 29, 2009

We survived...

Thanksgiving weekend turned out quite well, if I say so myself. Despite being on-call (and called in on Thanksgiving Eve) everything was a success. Michael and I did a ton of prep the night before so that Thanksgiving Day would be smooth. I certainly have a new appreciation for all of my parents hard work over the years. Michael prepped the bird (and made sure it was defrosted) and I set the table using Michael's mom's china. It's tradition in my family that everyone gets a taste of champagne at the holidays so we even gave the kids little glasses for a champagne taste. They thought it was the coolest thing ever.

I also introduced them to Clams Casino (anyone who's been to the beach knows what I'm talking about) which is another Range tradition. The kids (and Michael) absolutely loved them!!

Dinner went off without a hitch...on time and warm, which was my goal. Christian really enjoyed her turkey leg. Where food goes in that skinny child, I will never know!!

We even managed to squeeze in a quick photo of the four of us.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like a great day...well done!

TKW said...

Love the turkey leg picture! My skinny minnie's eat like elephants.

Unknown said...

You did awesome, lady! Big congrats and carb free hugs to you. xoxo